Salsa Corn Cakes
This recipe is super with fresh or canned corn. I whip up these patties to serve alongside nachos or tacos on hot summer evenings. The salsa is subtle but adds flavor.
-Lisa Boettcher, Rosebush, Michigan
6-8 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 2 packages (3 ounces each) cream cheese, softened
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 6 eggs
- 1 cup milk
- 1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup cornmeal
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 can (15-1/4 ounces) whole kernel corn, drained
- 1/2 cup salsa, drained
- 1/4 cup minced green onions
- Sour cream and additional salsa
- In a large bowl, beat cream cheese and butter until smooth; add the
- eggs and mix well. Beat in the milk until smooth. Combine the flour,
- cornmeal, baking powder and salt just until moistened. Fold in the
- corn, salsa and onions.
- Pour batter by 1/4 cupfuls onto a greased hot griddle. Turn when
- bubbles form on top; cook until the second side is golden brown.
- Serve with sour cream and salsa. Yield: 6-8 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 324 calories, 15 g fat (8 g saturated fat), 191 mg cholesterol, 715 mg sodium,