Salsa Corn Cakes Recipe
- 2 packages (3 ounces each) cream cheese, softened
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 6 eggs
- 1 cup milk
- 1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup cornmeal
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 can (15-1/4 ounces) whole kernel corn, drained
- 1/2 cup salsa, drained
- 1/4 cup minced green onions
- Sour cream and additional salsa
- 1. In a large bowl, beat cream cheese and butter until smooth; add the eggs and mix well. Beat in the milk until smooth. Combine the flour, cornmeal, baking powder and salt just until moistened. Fold in the corn, salsa and onions.
- 2. Pour batter by 1/4 cupfuls onto a greased hot griddle. Turn when bubbles form on top; cook until the second side is golden brown. Serve with sour cream and salsa. Yield: 6-8 servings.
1 serving (1 each) equals 324 calories, 15 g fat (8 g saturated fat), 191 mg cholesterol, 715 mg sodium, 34 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 11 g protein.
Sweet Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet red wine.