- 2 packages (3 ounces each) cream cheese, softened
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 6 eggs
- 1 cup milk
- 1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup cornmeal
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 can (15-1/4 ounces) whole kernel corn, drained
- 1/2 cup salsa, drained
- 1/4 cup minced green onions
- Sour cream and additional salsa
- In a large bowl, beat cream cheese and butter until smooth; add the eggs and mix well. Beat in the milk until smooth. Combine the flour, cornmeal, baking powder and salt just until moistened. Fold in the corn, salsa and onions.
- Pour batter by 1/4 cupfuls onto a greased hot griddle. Turn when bubbles form on top; cook until the second side is golden brown. Serve with sour cream and salsa. Yield: 6-8 servings.
Sweet Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet red wine.
Reviews for Salsa Corn Cakes
Sort By :
"I've made a lot of corn cakes in my life time but these are the first that I really enjoyed a lot. They are light and creamy. I would make a double batch as they go fast!"
"Quick, Easy and mouth watering goodness. You will crave these!"