This recipe is super with fresh or canned corn. I whip up these patties to serve alongside nachos or tacos on hot summer evenings. The salsa is subtle but adds flavor. -Lisa Boettcher, Rosebush, Michigan
- 2 packages (3 ounces each) cream cheese, softened
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 6 eggs
- 1 cup milk
- 1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup cornmeal
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 can (15-1/4 ounces) whole kernel corn, drained
- 1/2 cup salsa, drained
- 1/4 cup minced green onions
- Sour cream and additional salsa
- In a large bowl, beat cream cheese and butter until smooth; add the eggs and mix well. Beat in the milk until smooth. Combine the flour, cornmeal, baking powder and salt just until moistened. Fold in the corn, salsa and onions.
- Pour batter by 1/4 cupfuls onto a greased hot griddle. Turn when bubbles form on top; cook until the second side is golden brown. Serve with sour cream and salsa. Yield: 6-8 servings.
Originally published as Salsa Corn Cakes in Taste of Home August/September 1999, p25
Sweet Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet red wine.
Reviews for Salsa Corn Cakes
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review