- 2 packages (3 ounces each) cream cheese, softened
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 6 eggs
- 1 cup milk
- 1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup cornmeal
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 can (15-1/4 ounces) whole kernel corn, drained
- 1/2 cup salsa, drained
- 1/4 cup minced green onions
- Sour cream and additional salsa
- In a large bowl, beat cream cheese and butter until smooth; add the eggs and mix well. Beat in the milk until smooth. Combine the flour, cornmeal, baking powder and salt just until moistened. Fold in the corn, salsa and onions.
- Pour batter by 1/4 cupfuls onto a greased hot griddle. Turn when bubbles form on top; cook until the second side is golden brown. Serve with sour cream and salsa. Yield: 6-8 servings.
Sweet Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet red wine.
Reviews for Salsa Corn Cakes
Sort By :
"I've made a lot of corn cakes in my life time but these are the first that I really enjoyed a lot. They are light and creamy. I would make a double batch as they go fast!"
"Grab some powder for your undercarriage because your loads about to get heavy after this tantalizing meal. Ive never let go such an explosion of flavor out of my dairy air"
"Quick, Easy and mouth watering goodness. You will crave these!"