You'll need just five ingredients to stir up this quick-and-easy chili from Jane Bone of Cape Coral, Florida. "We like to use medium salsa for zippy flavor, but sometimes I use half mild and half medium," she notes. "Sprinkle hearty servings with shredded cheddar cheese and other tasty toppings," Jane suggests.
5 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 jar (16 ounces) salsa
- 1 can (15 ounces) pinto beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 can (5-1/2 ounces) tomato juice
- Shredded cheddar cheese, chopped green peppers, sour cream and thinly sliced green onions, optional
- In a large saucepan, cook the beef and onion over medium heat until
- meat is no longer pink; drain. Stir in the salsa, beans and tomato
- juice; heat through. Serve with the cheese, peppers, sour cream and
- onions if desired. Yield: 5 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 cup) equals 264 calories, 9 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 44 mg cholesterol, 718 mg sodium, 21 g carbohydrate, 7 g fiber, 21 g protein.