Salsa Chicken Soup Recipe
- 1/2 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts, cubed
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) chicken broth
- 1-3/4 cups water
- 1 to 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1 cup frozen corn
- 1 cup salsa
- Shredded Monterey Jack cheese or pepper Jack cheese, optional
- 1. In a large saucepan, combine the chicken, broth, water and chili powder. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 5 minutes. Add corn; return to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 5 minutes or until chicken is no longer pink and corn is tender. Add salsa and heat through. Garnish with cheese if desired. Yield: 6 servings.
1 cup: 84 calories, 1g fat (0 saturated fat), 21mg cholesterol, 481mg sodium, 8g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 2g fiber), 9g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1-1/2 lean meat.
Reviews for Salsa Chicken Soup
"Very tasty! We doubled the recipe and threw in some corn chips in our bowls and loved it. Will make again for sure!"
"I LOVE this recipe - it is my go-to. The only thing I add extra is a can of diced tomato's, sauce and all. :)"
"This is delicious soup and is cheap on the calories. Perfect for dieting without giving up taste."
"My Husband says this is the Soups of Soups! I used a large jar of corn salsa but same results! Shared it with my best friend from Church...She says it beats (top Lable brand) soup! Your recipe is total happiness!"
"Our family favorite especiall on a cold winter night, i add black beans and some cilantro to make it my own...so good"
"This is wonderful. I used canned cream style corn instead so I omitted the water. Used homemade salsa and was wonderful. Definately a keeper."
"We made this in our 6th grade Home and Career Skills class and we really liked it. To quote Brian "it's like a liquified burrito without the shell"."
"This was very good! I used the roasted chicken plus some dried onions and some garlic. It was great!!"
"I have substituted the salsa for green enchilada sauce and it is a wonderful change! Add tortilla chips as you would with tortilla soup."