Salsa Chicken Skillet Recipe
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 2 teaspoons canola oil
- 1/2 pound fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 1 medium green pepper, chopped
- 3/4 cup chopped onion
- 1/2 cup chopped celery
- 1/2 cup frozen corn, thawed
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 2 cups salsa
- 2 cups hot cooked rice
- 1/4 cup shredded reduced-fat cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup reduced-fat sour cream
- 1. In a large skillet, saute chicken in oil until no longer pink; drain and set aside. Coat skillet with cooking spray. Saute the mushrooms, green pepper, onion, celery and corn for 6-8 minutes or until vegetables are tender. Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer. Add salsa and reserved chicken; heat through. Serve with rice. Top with cheese and sour cream. Yield: 4 servings.
1-1/4 cup mixture over 1/2 cup cooked rice with 1 tablespoons sour cream equals 355 calories, 7 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 66 mg cholesterol, 649 mg sodium, 39 g carbohydrate, 7 g fiber, 29 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 lean meat, 2 starch, 2 vegetable.
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.