Diced chicken and veggies are stirred with spicy salsa to create this satisfying skillet dish from field editor LaDonna Reed of Ponca City, Oklahoma.
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 2 teaspoons canola oil
- 1/2 pound fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 1 medium green pepper, chopped
- 3/4 cup chopped onion
- 1/2 cup chopped celery
- 1/2 cup frozen corn, thawed
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 2 cups salsa
- 2 cups hot cooked rice
- 1/4 cup shredded reduced-fat cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup reduced-fat sour cream
- In a large skillet, saute chicken in oil until no longer pink; drain and set aside. Coat skillet with cooking spray. Saute the mushrooms, green pepper, onion, celery and corn for 6-8 minutes or until vegetables are tender. Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer. Add salsa and reserved chicken; heat through. Serve with rice. Top with cheese and sour cream. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Salsa Chicken Skillet in Taste of Home April/May 2004
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.
Reviews for Salsa Chicken Skillet
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review