Salsa Chicken Salad
Here’s a quick and easy chicken salad just as full of flavor as it is colorful, promises Timothy Lewis of Somerset, Pennsylvania. The perfect lunch for busy summertime days!
2 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 1/3 cup mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup salsa
- 4 teaspoons minced fresh cilantro, divided
- Dash pepper
- 1 package (6 ounces) ready-to-use Southwestern chicken strips
- 1/2 medium sweet red pepper, thinly sliced
- 1 small ripe avocado, peeled and thinly sliced
- In a bowl, combine the mayonnaise, salsa, 3 teaspoons cilantro and
- pepper; add chicken and toss to coat. Let stand for 10 minutes.
- Arrange red pepper and avocado slices on two salad plates; top with
- chicken mixture. Sprinkle with remaining cilantro. Yield: 2
Nutritional Facts: 1/2 cup (prepared with fat-free mayonnaise) equals 313 calories, 19 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 60 mg cholesterol, 876 mg sodium, 15 g carbohydrate, 7 g fiber, 21 g protein.
Wine: Light-Bodied White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.