Here’s a quick and easy chicken salad just as full of flavor as it is colorful, promises Timothy Lewis of Somerset, Pennsylvania. The perfect lunch for busy summertime days!
Featured In: 25 Cucumber Recipes to Make This Summer
- 1/3 cup mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup salsa
- 4 teaspoons minced fresh cilantro, divided
- Dash pepper
- 1 package (6 ounces) ready-to-use Southwestern chicken strips
- 1/2 medium sweet red pepper, thinly sliced
- 1 small ripe avocado, peeled and thinly sliced
- In a bowl, combine the mayonnaise, salsa, 3 teaspoons cilantro and pepper; add chicken and toss to coat. Let stand for 10 minutes.
- Arrange red pepper and avocado slices on two salad plates; top with chicken mixture. Sprinkle with remaining cilantro. Yield: 2 servings.
Originally published as Salsa Chicken Salad in Cooking for 2 Summer 2006, p56
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Salsa Chicken Salad
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review