Salsa Chicken Potatoes
In Warsaw, Indiana, Janice Torrence serves her potatoes southwestern-style with salsa and a little sour cream. "My whole family enjoys this recipe," she relates. "Plus, I can prepare it using cooked chicken that is left over from another meal."
2 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 2 large baking potatoes
- 1 cup cubed cooked chicken
- 1 cup tomato sauce
- 1/2 cup salsa
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons sour cream
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh parsley
- Scrub and pierce potatoes; place on a microwave-safe plate.
- Microwave, uncovered, on high for 10-12 minutes or until tender,
- turning once. In a microwave-safe bowl, combine the chicken, tomato
- sauce, salsa and brown sugar. Cover and microwave on high for 3
- minutes or until heated through.
- Cut an X in the top of each potato; fluff pulp with a fork. Top with
- chicken mixture, sour cream and parsley. Yield: 2 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 531 calories, 8 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 72 mg cholesterol, 934 mg sodium, 82 g carbohydrate, 9 g fiber, 30 g protein.
Wine: Sweet White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.