Salsa Chicken for 2 Recipe
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (5 ounces each)
- 1 medium onion, sliced
- 1 small green pepper, julienned
- 1 cup salsa
- 1/4 cup water
- 1/2 cup frozen corn, thawed
- 1/4 cup shredded Mexican cheese blend
- 2 tablespoons sour cream
- 1. In a small nonstick skillet coated with cooking spray, brown chicken on both sides. Add the onion, green pepper, salsa and water. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 10 minutes.
- 2. Stir in corn. Simmer, uncovered, for 3 minutes or until chicken juices run clear. Sprinkle cheese over chicken. Serve with sour cream. Yield: 2 servings.
1 each: 328 calories, 8g fat (3g saturated fat), 93mg cholesterol, 743mg sodium, 23g carbohydrate (11g sugars, 3g fiber), 36g protein.
Reviews for Salsa Chicken for 2
"This is a great recipe, quick easy and good A definite keeper."
"this can be made in crock pot and corn added during last 30/45 min of cooking"
"This was a huge hit at our house. It was a quick fix and tasted so good."
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.