For a speedy main dish, try this south-of-the-border skillet chicken. I like to serve it with buttered, chopped spinach and a salad of mixed greens, orange wedges and chopped walnuts. —Naomi Olson, Hamilton, Michigan
Featured In: 28 Romantic Dinners for Valentines Day (or Any Day!)
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (5 ounces each)
- 1 medium onion, sliced
- 1 small green pepper, julienned
- 1 cup salsa
- 1/4 cup water
- 1/2 cup frozen corn, thawed
- 1/4 cup shredded Mexican cheese blend
- 2 tablespoons sour cream
- In a small nonstick skillet coated with cooking spray, brown chicken on both sides. Add the onion, green pepper, salsa and water. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 10 minutes.
- Stir in corn. Simmer, uncovered, for 3 minutes or until chicken juices run clear. Sprinkle cheese over chicken. Serve with sour cream. Yield: 2 servings.
Originally published as Salsa Chicken for 2 in Cooking for 2 Summer 2007, p39
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.
Reviews for Salsa Chicken for 2
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Nov. 15, 2014
"this can be made in crock pot and corn added during last 30/45 min of cooking"
Reviewed Mar. 29, 2011
"This was a huge hit at our house. It was a quick fix and tasted so good."