For a speedy main dish, try this south-of-the-border skillet chicken from Naomi Olson of Hamilton, Michigan. "I like to serve it with buttered, chopped spinach and a salad of mixed greens, orange wedges and chopped walnuts," she says."
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (5 ounces each)
- 1 medium onion, sliced
- 1 small green pepper, julienned
- 1 cup salsa
- 1/4 cup water
- 1/2 cup frozen corn, thawed
- 1/4 cup shredded Mexican cheese blend
- 2 tablespoons sour cream
- In a small nonstick skillet coated with cooking spray, brown chicken on both sides. Add the onion, green pepper, salsa and water. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 10 minutes.
- Stir in corn. Simmer, uncovered, for 3 minutes or until chicken juices run clear. Sprinkle cheese over chicken. Serve with sour cream. Yield: 2 servings.
Originally published as Salsa Chicken in Cooking for 2 Summer 2007, p39
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.
Reviews for Salsa Chicken for 2
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review