Add a fiesta of flavor to homemade pizza with this Italian twist on fajitas. Salsa lovers will be wild about it. Toss together a salad to serve on the side.—Iola Egle, Bella Vista, Arkansas
- 1/4 cup lime juice
- 3 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts, finely chopped
- 1 prebaked 12-inch pizza crust
- 1 jar (16 ounces) chunky salsa, drained
- 1 small sweet red pepper, chopped
- 1/4 cup chopped green pepper
- 1 green onion, chopped
- 1-1/2 cups (6 ounces) shredded Mexican cheese blend
- Sour cream, optional
- In a large resealable plastic bag, combine the lime juice, 2 tablespoons oil and garlic. Add the chicken; seal bag and turn to coat. Refrigerate for 15 minutes.
- Drain and discard marinade. In a large skillet, saute chicken in remaining oil until no longer pink.
- Place crust on an ungreased 14-in. pizza pan; spread with salsa to within 1/2 in. of edges. Layer with chicken, peppers, onion and cheese.
- Bake at 450° for 8-10 minutes or until cheese is melted. Serve with sour cream if desired. Yield: 6 slices.
Originally published as Chicken Fajita Pizza in Country Woman October/November 2009, p38
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.
Reviews for Salsa Chicken Fajita Pizza
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review