- 1/4 cup lime juice
- 3 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts, finely chopped
- 1 prebaked 12-inch pizza crust
- 1 jar (16 ounces) chunky salsa, drained
- 1 small sweet red pepper, chopped
- 1/4 cup chopped green pepper
- 1 green onion, chopped
- 1-1/2 cups (6 ounces) shredded Mexican cheese blend
- Sour cream, optional
- In a large resealable plastic bag, combine the lime juice, 2 tablespoons oil and garlic. Add the chicken; seal bag and turn to coat. Refrigerate for 15 minutes.
- Drain and discard marinade. In a large skillet, saute chicken in remaining oil until no longer pink.
- Place crust on an ungreased 14-in. pizza pan; spread with salsa to within 1/2 in. of edges. Layer with chicken, peppers, onion and cheese.
- Bake at 450° for 8-10 minutes or until cheese is melted. Serve with sour cream if desired. Yield: 6 slices.
This recipe pairs well with a sweet white wine.
Taste of Home Special Offer: Enjoy this recipe with Seven Daughters Moscato, sweet floral aromas of peach and honey. Buy now and get 4 bottles for $49.99. Order Now
Reviews for Salsa Chicken Fajita Pizza
Sort By :
This was awesome. Me and my boyfriend loved it. Will definitely make again. I didn't have a soupy mess... I used 15 oz jar of salsa and let it sit in the strainer until I was ready to use it. Great recipe. Lots of flavor.
I loved the flavor of this pizza, but the salsa as well as the chopped peppers caused a soupy mess of the crust. I like a nice, crisp crust on my pizza and it just wasn't possible with the combination of these toppings.
Awesome! My daughter said good enough to serve in a restaurant.
Loved the chicken! the lime flavor is awesome. I did add a Tbsp of taco seasoning a a few drops of mesquite liquid smoke. The only change I would make is to make my own crust with corn meal next time.
I'll be honest: I didn't remember to marinate the chicken, but it was good even without that, and I'm sure will be better when I remember to marinate it! I added a little fresh cilantro and some fresh tomatoes and used pitas for fast mini pizzas. I didn't use red pepper because the store had it priced too high and I didn't drain the salsa. I cannot wait to make this again when my garden's producing, as I will make it with fresh salsa!