Salsa Cheesecake Recipe
After receiving this recipe from a friend several years ago, I made it for our family Christmas party. It's now one of our traditional holiday foods. It's a tasty spin on taco dip.
TOTAL TIME: Prep: 30 min. Bake: 40 min. + chilling YIELD:20-24 servings
- 2 packages (8 ounces each) cream cheese, softened
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- 2 cups (16 ounces) sour cream, divided
- 3 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 cup salsa
- 1 can (4 ounces) chopped green chilies, drained
- 1 medium tomato, diced
- Tortilla chips or crackers
- 1. In a small bowl, beat cream cheese and Monterey Jack cheese until light and fluffy. Beat in 1 cup sour cream just until combined. Add eggs; beat on low speed just until combined. Stir in the salsa and chilies.
- 2. Pour into a greased 9-in. springform pan. Place pan on a baking sheet. Bake at 350° for 40-45 minutes or until center is almost set.
- 3. Remove from the oven; immediately spread with remaining sour cream. Cool on wire rack for 10 minutes. Carefully run a knife around edge of pan to loosen; cool 1 hour longer. Refrigerate for at least 5 hours or overnight.
- 4. To serve, remove sides of pan. Garnish with guacamole and diced tomato. Serve with tortilla chips or crackers. Refrigerate leftovers. Yield: 20-24 slices.
1 piece equals 156 calories, 13 g fat (8 g saturated fat), 69 mg cholesterol, 190 mg sodium, 2 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 5 g protein.
Sweet Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet red wine.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC