Salsa Cheese Dip
Are you looking for a speedy dip for tortilla chips? Try this cool crowd-pleaser from Judy Barry of West Milford, New Jersey. She jazzes up cream cheese with salsa, then tops it off with chopped veggies and cheese.
14-16 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 10 min.
- 2 packages (8 ounces each) PHILADELPHIA® Cream Cheese, softened
- 1 jar (16 ounces) salsa, divided
- 1 medium green pepper, chopped
- 1 small red onion, chopped
- 1 medium tomato, seeded and chopped
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- Tortilla chips
- In a small bowl, beat cream cheese until smooth. Beat in 1 cup of
- salsa until combined. Spread onto a 12-in. serving plate. Sprinkle
- with green pepper, onion and tomato. Top with the remaining salsa;
- sprinkle with cheese. Serve with tortilla chips. Yield: 14-16
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (2 tablespoons) equals 117 calories, 9 g fat (6 g saturated fat), 28 mg cholesterol, 251 mg sodium, 3 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 5 g protein.
Wine: Sweet Red Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a sweet red wine.