Salsa Catfish Recipe
- 1 cup finely crushed baked tortilla chip scoops
- 1/2 to 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 4 each catfish fillets (4 ounces each)
- 1 cup salsa, warmed
- 1. In a shallow bowl, combine tortilla chip crumbs and chili powder. In another bowl, combine lemon juice and oil. Dip fish in lemon mixture, then coat with crumb mixture.
- 2. Place in a 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish coasted with cooking spray. Sprinkle with any remaining crumbs.
- 3. Bake at 450° for 8-10 minutes or until fish easily flakes with a fork. Serve with salsa. Yield: 4 servings.
1 fillet with 1/4 cup salsa equals 278 calories, 16 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 53 mg cholesterol, 429 mg sodium, 12 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 19 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 lean meat, 1-1/2 starch, 1/2 fat.
Reviews for Salsa Catfish
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.