Salsa Catfish Recipe
Give your fish a southwestern "kick" with Teresa Hubbard's change-of-pace preparation. "My sister doesn't like seafood, so I figured I'd disguise it with a mix of interesting tastes and textures," she explains from Russellville, Alabama. "Everyone was surprised by the slightly crunchy tortilla chip coating."
- 1 cup finely crushed baked tortilla chip scoops
- 1/2 to 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 4 each catfish fillets (4 ounces each)
- 1 cup salsa, warmed
- In a shallow bowl, combine tortilla chip crumbs and chili powder. In another bowl, combine lemon juice and oil. Dip fish in lemon mixture, then coat with crumb mixture.
- Place in a 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish coasted with cooking spray. Sprinkle with any remaining crumbs.
- Bake at 450° for 8-10 minutes or until fish easily flakes with a fork. Serve with salsa. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Salsa Catfish in Light & Tasty October/November 2004, p53
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Salsa Catfish(0)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
More Recipe Collections
- Baked Fish >
- Cajun Dinner Recipes >
- Cajun Recipes >
- Cinco de Mayo Dinners >
- Cinco de Mayo Recipes >
- Diabetic Dinner Recipes >
- Diabetic Recipes >
- Dinner Recipes >
- Fish Recipes >
- Healthy Cooking Dinner Recipes >
- Healthy Dinners >
- Healthy Main Dishes >
- Healthy Recipes >
- Low Carb Dinner Recipes >
- Low Carb Recipes >
- Mardi Gras Dinner Recipes >