Salsa Black Bean Burgers
Meatless meals will be so tasty when these hearty bean burgers are on the menu. Guacamole and sour cream make it seem decadent. —Jill Reichardt, St. Louis, Missouri
4 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1 can (15 ounces) black beans, rinsed and drained
- 2/3 cup dry bread crumbs
- 1 small tomato, seeded and finely chopped
- 1 jalapeno pepper, seeded and finely chopped
- 1 Eggland's Best Egg
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh cilantro
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 4 whole wheat hamburger buns, split
- Reduced-fat sour cream and guacamole, optional
- Place beans in a food processor; cover and process until blended.
- Transfer to a large bowl. Add the bread crumbs, tomato, jalapeno,
- egg, cilantro and garlic. Mix until combined. Shape into four
- In a large nonstick skillet, cook patties in oil in batches over
- medium heat for 4-6 minutes on each side or until lightly browned.
- Serve on buns. Top with sour cream and guacamole if desired. Yield:
- 4 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 burger (calculated without optional ingredients) equals 323 calories, 8 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 53 mg cholesterol, 557 mg sodium, 51 g carbohydrate, 9 g fiber, 13 g protein.