Salsa Beef Skillet Recipe
Here's a main dish that's delicious, attractive and economical. It's great with a guacamole salad.
- 1 boneless beef chuck roast (2 to 2-1/2 pounds), cut into 3/4-inch cubes
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 jar (16 ounces) chunky salsa
- 1 can (8 ounces) tomato sauce
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh cilantro
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- Hot cooked rice
- 1. In a large skillet, brown beef in oil; drain. Add salsa, tomato sauce, garlic, brown sugar and soy sauce; bring to a boil.
- 2. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 2 hours or until meat is tender. Stir in cilantro and lime juice; heat through. Serve over rice. Yield: 4-6 servings.
Reviews for Salsa Beef Skillet
Medium-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied red wine such as Chianti, Sangiovese, Malbec or Zinfandel.
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC