I created these based on a turkey burger recipe, and wanted to make them even better for you. Use your favorite salsa with just the heat you like to make it your own. —Jenny Leighty, West Salem, Ohio
- 1 can (15 ounces) black beans, rinsed and drained
- 3/4 cup panko (Japanese) bread crumbs
- 1 cup salsa, divided
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh cilantro
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 2 teaspoons canola oil
- 4 whole wheat hamburger buns, split
- In a large bowl, mash beans. Mix in bread crumbs, 1/2 cup salsa, egg, cilantro and garlic. Shape bean mixture into four patties; refrigerate 30 minutes.
- In a large skillet, heat oil over medium heat. Cook burgers 3-5 minutes on each side or until a thermometer reads 160°. Serve on buns with remaining salsa. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Salsa Bean Burgers in Simple & Delicious June/July 2014
Medium-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied red wine such as Chianti, Sangiovese, Malbec or Zinfandel.
Reviews for Salsa Bean Burgers
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review