- 8 eggs
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup salsa, divided
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 4 whole wheat English muffins, split and toasted
- 1/4 cup reduced-fat spreadable cream cheese
- 1 medium ripe avocado, peeled and cubed
- 1/2 small lime
- Reduced-fat sour cream, optional
- In a large bowl, whisk eggs, salt and pepper. Place a large nonstick skillet coated with cooking spray over medium-high heat. Pour in egg mixture; cook and stir until eggs are thickened and no liquid egg remains. Add 1/2 cup salsa and cheese; stir gently until cheese is melted.
- Spread cut sides of English muffins with cream cheese and remaining salsa. Top with scrambled eggs and avocado. Squeeze lime juice over tops. If desired, serve with sour cream. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Salsa & Scrambled Egg Sandwiches in Simple & Delicious June/July 2014
Reviews for Salsa & Scrambled Egg Sandwiches
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Aug. 24, 2014
"This was good but not outstanding. Just 1/2 a muffin is more than a generous portion. Very filling."
Reviewed Jun. 2, 2014
"We loved this! The cream cheese really pulls everything together beautifully. Each ingredient is an important piece of this yummy puzzle."