Power up with a breakfast that keeps you going all morning long. In my humble opinion, this sandwich tastes so much better than anything that comes from a drive-thru! —Marcia Conlon, Traverse City, Michigan
Featured In: 32 Addicting Avocado Recipes
- 8 large eggs
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup salsa, divided
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 4 whole wheat English muffins, split and toasted
- 1/4 cup reduced-fat spreadable cream cheese
- 1 medium ripe avocado, peeled and cubed
- 1/2 small lime
- Reduced-fat sour cream, optional
- In a large bowl, whisk eggs, salt and pepper. Place a large nonstick skillet coated with cooking spray over medium-high heat. Pour in egg mixture; cook and stir until eggs are thickened and no liquid egg remains. Add 1/2 cup salsa and cheese; stir gently until cheese is melted.
- Spread cut sides of English muffins with cream cheese and remaining salsa. Top with scrambled eggs and avocado. Squeeze lime juice over tops. If desired, serve with sour cream. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Salsa & Scrambled Egg Sandwiches in Simple & Delicious June/July 2014
Reviews for Salsa & Scrambled Egg Sandwiches
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Aug. 24, 2014
"This was good but not outstanding. Just 1/2 a muffin is more than a generous portion. Very filling."
Reviewed Jun. 2, 2014
"We loved this! The cream cheese really pulls everything together beautifully. Each ingredient is an important piece of this yummy puzzle."