"Canned salmon from the cupboard makes these delicious salmon patties so fast to fix," reports Juanita Gross of Clearwater, Kansas. "And they always get rave reviews," she adds. At a mere 39¢ per patty, they make an economical lunch or dinner.
- 1 can (14-3/4 ounces) salmon
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon dill weed
- 1-1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1. Drain salmon, reserving 1/4 cup juice. Discard salmon bones and skin. In a bowl, combine the salmon, egg, flour and dill; mix well. Stir baking powder into the reserved juice add to the salmon mixture. Heat oil in a skillet over medium-high heat. Drop batter by 1/4 cupfuls into skillet. Cook patties for 2-3 minutes on each side or until golden brown. Drain on paper towels. Serve warm. Yield: 6 patties.
1 each: 197 calories, 11g fat (2g saturated fat), 66mg cholesterol, 486mg sodium, 8g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 0 fiber), 16g protein.
Reviews for Salmonettes
© 2017 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC