- 1 can (14-3/4 ounces) salmon
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon dill weed
- 1-1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1. Drain salmon, reserving 1/4 cup juice. Discard salmon bones and skin. In a bowl, combine the salmon, egg, flour and dill; mix well. Stir baking powder into the reserved juice add to the salmon mixture. Heat oil in a skillet over medium-high heat. Drop batter by 1/4 cupfuls into skillet. Cook patties for 2-3 minutes on each side or until golden brown. Drain on paper towels. Serve warm. Yield: 6 patties.
1 serving (1 each) equals 197 calories, 11 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 66 mg cholesterol, 486 mg sodium, 8 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 16 g protein.
Reviews for Salmonettes
"Have made this many times over the years, my husband loves it as weel as I. It is vary easy to prepare."
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.