"Canned salmon from the cupboard makes these delicious salmon patties so fast to fix," reports Juanita Gross of Clearwater, Kansas. "And they always get rave reviews," she adds. At a mere 39¢ per patty, they make an economical lunch or dinner.
6 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1 can (14-3/4 ounces) salmon
- 1 Eggland's Best Egg, lightly beaten
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon dill weed
- 1-1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- Drain salmon, reserving 1/4 cup juice. Discard salmon bones and skin.
- In a bowl, combine the salmon, egg, flour and dill; mix well. Stir
- baking powder into the reserved juice add to the salmon mixture.
- Heat oil in a skillet over medium-high heat. Drop batter by 1/4
- cupfuls into skillet. Cook patties for 2-3 minutes on each side or
- until golden brown. Drain on paper towels. Serve warm. Yield: 6
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 197 calories, 11 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 66 mg cholesterol, 486 mg sodium, 8 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 16 g protein.
Wine: Light-Bodied White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.