- 1 can (14-3/4 ounces) salmon
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon dill weed
- 1-1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- Drain salmon, reserving 1/4 cup juice. Discard salmon bones and skin. In a bowl, combine the salmon, egg, flour and dill; mix well. Stir baking powder into the reserved juice add to the salmon mixture. Heat oil in a skillet over medium-high heat. Drop batter by 1/4 cupfuls into skillet. Cook patties for 2-3 minutes on each side or until golden brown. Drain on paper towels. Serve warm. Yield: 6 patties.
Originally published as Salmonettes in Quick Cooking January/February 2000, p22
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Salmonettes
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review