- 1 can (14-3/4 ounces) salmon
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon dill weed
- 1-1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- Drain salmon, reserving 1/4 cup juice. Discard salmon bones and skin. In a bowl, combine the salmon, egg, flour and dill; mix well. Stir baking powder into the reserved juice add to the salmon mixture. Heat oil in a skillet over medium-high heat. Drop batter by 1/4 cupfuls into skillet. Cook patties for 2-3 minutes on each side or until golden brown. Drain on paper towels. Serve warm. Yield: 6 patties.
Originally published as Salmonettes in Quick Cooking January/February 2000, p22
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Salmonettes
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Nov. 29, 2009
"Have made this many times over the years, my husband loves it as weel as I. It is vary easy to prepare."