- slightly; wrap around five to six asparagus spears. Secure with
- toothpicks. Repeat for remaining bundles.
- In a large skillet, bring 1-1/2 cups water, wine, onion, chives, salt
- and peppercorns to a boil. Using a spatula, carefully add bundles.
- Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 7-8 minutes or until fish flakes
- easily with a fork.
- Meanwhile, for sauce, in a small skillet, saute mushrooms and green
- onions in butter and oil until tender. Stir in the flour, salt and
- pepper until blended. Gradually add milk. Bring to a boil; cook and
- stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Add chives. Serve with
- bundles. Yield: 6 servings.
Nutritional Facts: One serving (1 bundle with 1/3 cup sauce) equals 277 calories, 10 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 97 mg cholesterol, 710 mg sodium, 14 g carbohydrate, 4 g fiber, 29 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3-1/2 lean meat, 2 vegetable, 1 fat.
Wine: Full-Bodied White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.