- 1-1/2 cups grape tomatoes, halved
- 1-1/2 cups chopped peeled cucumber
- 1 medium ripe avocado, peeled and cubed
- 1 small red onion, chopped
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh cilantro
- 1 jalapeno pepper, seeded and minced
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 4 salmon fillets (6 ounces each)
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 tablespoon butter
- In a large bowl, combine the tomatoes, cucumber, avocado, onion, cilantro, jalapeno, lime juice and salt; set aside.
- Drizzle salmon with lime juice. Sprinkle with salt and cayenne pepper. In a large skillet, cook fillets in butter for 3-4 minutes on each side or until fish flakes easily with a fork. Serve with salsa. Yield: 4 servings.
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.
Reviews for Salmon with Vegetable Salsa
"This dish was absolutely delicious! I had worried that the cayenne would over-power the taste of the salmon, but instead, it enhanced it beautifully. The salsa is scrumptious . I don't like cilantro so substituted fresh parsley, and it worked well. The salsa is fresh tasting and the touch of lime in it and on the salmon makes the whole dish perfect for spring or summer."
"This is one of the best recipes I have ever tried. I will make the salsa again and again to serve with other meats, chips, salads, etc. So simple to make and so healthy. I used exactly the amount of cayenne and jalpena as called for in the recipe and the degree of heat was perfect for our family--subtle but definitely present. If you like things really hot, definitely add more of both."
"Made this for a family dinner and was told it was one of the best things I've ever made! Served this with rice pilaf which was a nice complement to the dish. I will definitely make this again."
"So refreshing, enjoyed this recipe very much loved the combination of salmon and veggie salsa and will definitely do again! thank you!"