Salmon with Tomato Shallot Sauce Recipe
- 4 salmon fillets (4 ounces each)
- 1 tablespoon grated lemon peel
- 1/2 teaspoon white pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup chopped shallots
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 teaspoon capers, drained
- 3/4 cup dry white wine or reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 2 medium tomatoes, seeded and chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1. Sprinkle fillets with lemon peel, white pepper and salt; set aside.
- 2. In a large nonstick skillet, saute the shallots in oil until tender. Add garlic and capers; cook 1 minute longer. Stir in wine; add reserved salmon.
- 3. Reduce heat; cover and cook for 8-10 minutes or until fish flakes easily with a fork. Add tomatoes and basil; heat through. Yield: 4 servings.
1 each: 297 calories, 15g fat (3g saturated fat), 67mg cholesterol, 171mg sodium, 10g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 1g fiber), 24g protein
Reviews for Salmon with Tomato Shallot Sauce
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.