Salmon with Tomato Shallot Sauce Recipe
Light and refreshing, this is a great treatment for salmon on any occasion. Capers add a delightful burst of tangy saltiness. Kimberly Cutler — Florence, Arizona
- 4 salmon fillets (4 ounces each)
- 1 tablespoon grated lemon peel
- 1/2 teaspoon white pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup chopped shallots
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 teaspoon capers, drained
- 3/4 cup dry white wine or reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 2 medium tomatoes, seeded and chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- Sprinkle fillets with lemon peel, white pepper and salt; set aside.
- In a large nonstick skillet, saute the shallots in oil until tender. Add garlic and capers; cook 1 minute longer. Stir in wine; add reserved salmon.
- Reduce heat; cover and cook for 8-10 minutes or until fish flakes easily with a fork. Add tomatoes and basil; heat through. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Salmon with Tomato Shallot Sauce in Healthy Cooking February/March 2010, p47
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.
Reviews for Salmon with Tomato Shallot Sauce(0)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
More Recipe Collections
- Dinner Recipes >
- Fish Recipes >
- Healthy Cooking Dinner Recipes >
- Healthy Cooking Recipes >
- Healthy Dinners >
- Healthy Main Dishes >
- Healthy Recipes >
- Italian Dinners >
- Italian Recipes >
- Low Carb Dinner Recipes >
- Low Carb Recipes >
- Salmon Dinners >