Salmon with Tarragon Sauce
Here’s a fast and foolproof microwave method for tender salmon steaks covered with a distinctive Dijon and green onion sauce.
4 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 4 salmon fillets (6 ounces each)
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon white pepper
- 2 tablespoons white wine or chicken broth
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 green onion, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon dried tarragon
- 2/3 cup 2% milk
- Place salmon in a greased 2-qt. microwave-safe dish; sprinkle with
- salt and pepper. Pour wine over top. Cover and microwave on high for
- 4-6 minutes or until fish flakes easily with a fork. Remove salmon
- and keep warm.
- Add butter and onion to the pan juices; cover and microwave on high
- for 1 minute. Stir in the flour, mustard and tarragon until blended;
- gradually stir in milk. Cook, uncovered for 1-2 minutes or until
- thickened; stirring every 30 seconds. Serve with salmon. Yield: 4
Nutritional Facts: 1 salmon fillet with 2 tablespoons sauce equals 372 calories, 22 g fat (6 g saturated fat), 111 mg cholesterol, 319 mg sodium,