Salmon with Sweet Salsa
"After years of not eating salmon, I tasted it one night at a formal dinner, where it was served with a sweet topping that I really liked," recalls Rebecca Reece from Henderson, Nevada. "After experimenting on my own, I came up with this sweet, spicy combo that’s become a favorite. I serve with fried rice I pick up on my way home from work."
4 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 15 min.
- 4 salmon fillets (6 ounces each)
- 4 teaspoons Creole seasoning
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 3/4 cup salsa
- 1/2 cup apricot preserves
- Sprinkle one side of salmon fillets with Creole seasoning. In a large
- skillet, cook salmon, seasoned side down, in oil over medium-high
- heat for 2 minutes. Turn salmon; reduce heat to medium and cook 8-10
- minutes longer or until fish flakes easily with a fork.
- Meanwhile, in a small bowl, combine salsa and preserves. Serve with
- salmon. Yield: 4 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 249 calories, 11 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 25 mg cholesterol, 915 mg sodium, 27 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 9 g protein.
Wine: Full-Bodied White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.