Salmon with Pineapple Sauce Recipe
- 2 salmon fillets (6 ounces each)
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- 1/4 cup unsweetened pineapple juice
- 2 tablespoons reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon water
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- Dash cayenne pepper
- 3/4 cup unsweetened pineapple tidbits
- 1. Place salmon in an ungreased 8-in. square baking dish. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 20-25 minutes or until fish flakes easily with a fork.
- 2. In a small saucepan, combine the cornstarch, pineapple juice, soy sauce and water until smooth. Stir in the brown sugar, ginger and cayenne. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 1-2 minutes or until thickened. Add pineapple; heat through. Serve with salmon. Yield: 2 servings.
1 serving equals 410 calories, 19 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 100 mg cholesterol, 710 mg sodium, 24 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 35 g protein.
Reviews for Salmon with Pineapple Sauce
"This Sauce was absolutly horrid tasted has if your trying to mix polynesian with asian and it did not work well in this meal."
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.