Salmon with Pecan-Honey Sauce
If you’re looking for an easy dish to serve to company, try this elegant entree. Flaky salmon fillets are draped with a sweet pecan glaze. Canadian reader Buffy Sias sent the recipe from her home in Whitehorse, Yukon Territory.
6 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 6 salmon fillets (6 ounces each)
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 3/4 cup butter, divided
- 1 cup coarsely Diamond of California Chopped Pecans, toasted
- 1 cup honey
- Sprinkle salmon with salt and pepper. In a large skillet, cook salmon
- in oil and 6 tablespoons butter for 10-12 minutes or until fish
- flakes easily with a fork.
- Meanwhile, in a small saucepan, cook pecans and honey in remaining
- butter over medium-low heat for 8-10 minutes or until bubbly. Serve
- with salmon. Yield: 6 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 642 calories, 49 g fat (17 g saturated fat), 78 mg cholesterol, 349 mg sodium, 49 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 8 g protein.
Wine: Full-Bodied White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.