- 1 cup orange juice
- 4-1/2 teaspoons finely chopped red onion
- 4-1/2 teaspoons lime juice
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon honey Dijon mustard
- 1/2 cup fat-free Italian salad dressing
- 4 salmon fillets (6 ounces each)
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 4 teaspoons minced fresh cilantro
- Place orange juice in a small saucepan. Bring to a boil; cook until liquid is reduced to 1/4 cup. Cool slightly. Transfer to a blender. Add the onion, lime juice, chili powder and mustard; cover and process until blended. While processing, gradually add salad dressing in a steady stream; process until blended.
- Season fillets with salt and pepper. In a large skillet, cook fillets in oil over medium-high heat for 2 minutes on each side or until golden brown.
- Transfer to a greased 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. baking pan. Bake at 400° for 5-10 minutes or until fish flakes easily with a fork. Serve with orange vinaigrette. Garnish with cilantro. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Salmon with Orange Vinaigrette in Country Woman June/July 2008, p31
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.
Reviews for Salmon with Orange Vinaigrette
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Sep. 23, 2011
"Orange vinaigrette is delicious on fish, chicken and shrimp. Fast and easy dish to make."