Salmon with Mornay Sauce
Priscilla Gilbert from Indian Harbour Beach, Florida writes, “This is a good hearty salmon dish, quick and simple to prepare. My husband and I love salmon and this is one of our favorites.” It's creamy and classic, nicely seasoned and very rich; this is one dish sure to surprise.
4 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 1 teaspoon lemon-pepper seasoning, divided
- 4 salmon fillets (6 ounces each)
- 3 tablespoons butter, divided
- 1-1/2 teaspoons King Arthur Unbleached All-Purpose Flour
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- Dash pepper
- Dash cayenne pepper
- 1/4 cup 2% milk
- 1/4 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1/4 cup shredded Swiss cheese
- Sprinkle salmon with 1/2 teaspoon lemon-pepper. In a large skillet,
- cook salmon in 2 tablespoons butter for 4-6 minutes on each side or
- until fish flakes easily with a fork.
- Meanwhile, in a small saucepan, melt remaining butter. Stir in the
- flour, salt, pepper, cayenne and remaining lemon-pepper until
- blended. Gradually add milk and cream. Bring to a boil; cook and
- stir for 1-2 minutes or until thickened. Remove from the heat; stir
- in cheese until melted. Serve with salmon. Yield: 4 servings.
Wine: Full-Bodied White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.