- 1 teaspoon lemon-pepper seasoning, divided
- 4 salmon fillets (6 ounces each)
- 3 tablespoons butter, divided
- 1-1/2 teaspoons all-purpose flour
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- Dash pepper
- Dash cayenne pepper
- 1/4 cup 2% milk
- 1/4 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1/4 cup shredded Swiss cheese
- Sprinkle salmon with 1/2 teaspoon lemon-pepper. In a large skillet, cook salmon in 2 tablespoons butter for 4-6 minutes on each side or until fish flakes easily with a fork.
- Meanwhile, in a small saucepan, melt remaining butter. Stir in the flour, salt, pepper, cayenne and remaining lemon-pepper until blended. Gradually add milk and cream. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 1-2 minutes or until thickened. Remove from the heat; stir in cheese until melted. Serve with salmon. Yield: 4 servings.
Reviews forSalmon with Mornay Sauce
"I love salmon, wanted a new recipe for salmon saw this online thought id try it. It was great. I did as the recipe said, I would not make any changes to this .I will diffentlly make it again and aagain"