- 1 teaspoon lemon-pepper seasoning, divided
- 4 salmon fillets (6 ounces each)
- 3 tablespoons butter, divided
- 1-1/2 teaspoons all-purpose flour
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- Dash pepper
- Dash cayenne pepper
- 1/4 cup 2% milk
- 1/4 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1/4 cup shredded Swiss cheese
- Sprinkle salmon with 1/2 teaspoon lemon-pepper. In a large skillet, cook salmon in 2 tablespoons butter for 4-6 minutes on each side or until fish flakes easily with a fork.
- Meanwhile, in a small saucepan, melt remaining butter. Stir in the flour, salt, pepper, cayenne and remaining lemon-pepper until blended. Gradually add milk and cream. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 1-2 minutes or until thickened. Remove from the heat; stir in cheese until melted. Serve with salmon. Yield: 4 servings.
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.
Reviews for Salmon with Mornay Sauce
"The sauce really makes this dish. It is quick and easy to make and takes the salmon up a notch. My husband who doesn't like salmon all that much raved about the sauce."
"I love salmon, wanted a new recipe for salmon saw this online thought id try it. It was great. I did as the recipe said, I would not make any changes to this .I will diffentlly make it again and aagain"