Salmon with Honey Pecan Sauce Recipe
- 4 salmon fillets (4 ounces each)
- 1/2 teaspoon seasoned salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 cup finely chopped pecans, toasted
- 1/4 cup honey
- 3 tablespoons reduced-fat butter
- 1. Place salmon skin side down on a broiler pan; sprinkle with seasoned salt and pepper. Broil 3-4 in. from the heat for 7-9 minutes or until fish flakes easily with a fork.
- 2. Meanwhile, in a small saucepan, cook the pecans, honey and butter over medium heat for 8-10 minutes or until bubbly. Serve with salmon. Yield: 4 servings.
1 fillet with 2 tablespoons sauce equals 330 calories, 20 g fat (5 g saturated fat), 68 mg cholesterol, 319 mg sodium, 19 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 20 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 lean meat, 2-1/2 fat, 1 starch.
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.