Salmon with Herb-Mustard Sauce Recipe
- 2 cups mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon snipped fresh dill or 1 teaspoon dill weed
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh marjoram or 1 teaspoon dried marjoram
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh thyme or 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 whole salmon (5 to 7 pounds), head and tail removed
- 2 teaspoon coarsely ground pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 2 medium lemons, sliced
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 1. In a small bowl, combine the mayonnaise, mustard, dill, marjoram and thyme; cover and refrigerate until serving.
- 2. Place fish in the center of a large greased sheet of aluminum foil. Sprinkle inside of salmon with pepper and salt and drizzle with vinegar. Place overlapping lemon slices inside salmon to completely cover. Use wooden toothpicks to secure cavity along opening. Drizzle butter over the top.
- 3. Fold foil over fish and seal. Place on a large baking sheet. Bake at 325° for 80-95 minutes or until fish flakes easily with a fork. Serve with the herb-mustard sauce. Yield: 10 servings.
1 serving (8 ounces) equals 657 calories, 59 g fat (13 g saturated fat), 121 mg cholesterol, 570 mg sodium, 2 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 27 g protein.
Reviews for Salmon with Herb-Mustard Sauce
"Sprinkle capers on top!!!!!"
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.