Salmon with Gingered Rhubarb Compote Recipe
- 1 medium onion, thinly sliced
- 4 green onions, sliced
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 4 cups sliced fresh or frozen rhubarb
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup sweet white wine or white grape juice
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh gingerroot
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 4 salmon fillets (6 ounces each)
- Additional sliced green onions, optional
- In a large ovenproof skillet, cook onions in butter over medium heat for 15-20 minutes or until golden brown, stirring frequently.
- Add rhubarb and brown sugar; cook 3 minutes longer. Stir in the wine, ginger, salt and pepper. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 5-10 minutes or until rhubarb is tender, stirring occasionally.
- Place salmon over rhubarb mixture. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 20-25 minutes or until fish flakes easily with a fork. Sprinkle with additional green onions if desired. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Salmon with Gingered Rhubarb Compote in Country Woman April/May 2009, p38
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.
Reviews for Salmon with Gingered Rhubarb Compote
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review