Salmon with Ginger Pineapple Salsa Recipe
- 1 can (20 ounces) unsweetened pineapple tidbits
- 1 cup chopped seeded ripe tomatoes
- 3 green onions, sliced
- 1 jalapeno pepper, seeded and chopped
- 2 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1-1/2 teaspoons sesame oil
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 1-1/2 teaspoons minced fresh gingerroot
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 3/4 teaspoon salt, divided
- 6 salmon fillets (6 ounces each)
- 3/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1. Drain pineapple, reserving 1/4 cup juice. In a large bowl, combine the tomatoes, green onions, jalapeno, vinegar, garlic, sesame oil, honey, ginger, red pepper flakes, 1/4 teaspoon salt, pineapple and reserved juice; mix well. Cover and refrigerate until serving.
- 2. Pat salmon dry with paper towels. Sprinkle with cumin, pepper and remaining salt. Place skin side down in a 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish coated with cooking spray. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 10-15 minutes or until fish flakes easily with a fork. Serve with salsa. Yield: 6 servings.
1 each: 374 calories, 20g fat (4g saturated fat), 100mg cholesterol, 405mg sodium, 14g carbohydrate (0g sugars, 1g fiber), 34g protein Diabetic Exchanges:5 lean meat, 1 fruit, 1 fat
Reviews for Salmon with Ginger Pineapple Salsa
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.