Salmon with Ginger Pineapple Salsa Recipe
"Here in Oregon, fresh fish is a staple in my life," says Kathleen Kelley of Days Creek. "I eat salmon at least twice a week and usually grill it, but it's just as delivious baked with this zesty ginger pineapple salsa."
- 1 can (20 ounces) unsweetened pineapple tidbits
- 1 cup chopped seeded ripe tomatoes
- 3 green onions, sliced
- 1 jalapeno pepper, seeded and chopped
- 2 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1-1/2 teaspoons sesame oil
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 1-1/2 teaspoons minced fresh gingerroot
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 3/4 teaspoon salt, divided
- 6 salmon fillets (6 ounces each)
- 3/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Drain pineapple, reserving 1/4 cup juice. In a large bowl, combine the tomatoes, green onions, jalapeno, vinegar, garlic, sesame oil, honey, ginger, red pepper flakes, 1/4 teaspoon salt, pineapple and reserved juice; mix well. Cover and refrigerate until serving.
- Pat salmon dry with paper towels. Sprinkle with cumin, pepper and remaining salt. Place skin side down in a 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish coated with cooking spray. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 10-15 minutes or until fish flakes easily with a fork. Serve with salsa. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Salmon With Ginger Pineapple Salsa in Light & Tasty April/May 2004, p23
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.
Reviews for Salmon with Ginger Pineapple Salsa(0)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
More Recipe Collections
- Baked Fish >
- Cinco de Mayo Dinners >
- Cinco de Mayo Recipes >
- Diabetic Dinner Recipes >
- Diabetic Recipes >
- Dinner Recipes >
- Fish Recipes >
- Healthy Cooking Dinner Recipes >
- Healthy Dinners >
- Healthy Main Dishes >
- Healthy Recipes >
- Low Carb Dinner Recipes >
- Low Carb Recipes >
- Mexican Dinners >
- Mexican Recipes >
- Quick Dinner Recipes >