A citrus marinade sparked with garlic and ginger perks up the salmon fillets Patricia Cohen prepares in her Floral City, Florida home. She relies on her microwave to cook the fish in minutes.
Recommended: 42 Recipes to Boost Your Vitamin D
- 3/4 cup minced fresh parsley
- 4 teaspoons minced fresh gingerroot
- 6 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 to 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 to 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon dried tarragon
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 4 salmon fillets (6 ounces each)
- In a food processor, combine the parsley, ginger and garlic; cover and process until minced. Add the lemon juice, lime juice, salt, tarragon and pepper; cover and process until blended. While processing, gradually add oil in a steady stream. Spread mixture over salmon fillets. Place in a shallow 2-qt. microwave-safe dish, positioning the thickest portion of fish toward the outside edges. Cover and chill for 30 minutes.
- Cover and microwave on high for 3-5 minutes or until fish flakes easily with a fork. Let stand, covered, for 2 minutes before serving. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Salmon with Garlic and Ginger in Light & Tasty October/November 2003, p44
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.
Reviews for Salmon with Garlic and Ginger
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review