Salmon with Fruit Salsa Recipe
- 2 cups chopped seedless watermelon
- 1-1/2 cups cubed fresh pineapple
- 1/3 cup chopped sweet red pepper
- 1/4 cup chopped green onions
- 1/4 cup minced fresh cilantro
- 1/4 cup orange juice
- 1/4 cup lime juice
- 1 teaspoon chopped jalapeno pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon salt, divided
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper, divided
- 4 salmon fillets (6 ounces each)
- 1. In a large bowl, combine the first eight ingredients; add 1/4 teaspoon salt and 1/8 teaspoon pepper. Let stand at room temperature for at least 30 minutes.
- 2. Sprinkle salmon with remaining salt and pepper. Using long-handled tongs, moisten a paper towel with cooking oil and lightly coat the grill rack. Grill salmon, covered, over medium heat or broil 4 in. from the heat for 6-9 minutes on each side or until fish flakes easily with a fork. Serve salsa with a slotted spoon with salmon. Yield: 4 servings.
1 fillet with 1 cup salsa equals 381 calories, 19 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 100 mg cholesterol, 399 mg sodium, 17 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 35 g protein.
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.