Salmon is readily available cut into skinless and boneless fillets or into steaks. You can use either in this recipe.
- 2 cups chopped seedless watermelon
- 1-1/2 cups cubed fresh pineapple
- 1/3 cup chopped sweet red pepper
- 1/4 cup chopped green onions
- 1/4 cup minced fresh cilantro
- 1/4 cup orange juice
- 1/4 cup lime juice
- 1 teaspoon chopped jalapeno pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon salt, divided
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper, divided
- 4 salmon fillets (6 ounces each)
- In a large bowl, combine the first eight ingredients; add 1/4 teaspoon salt and 1/8 teaspoon pepper. Let stand at room temperature for at least 30 minutes.
- Sprinkle salmon with remaining salt and pepper. Using long-handled tongs, moisten a paper towel with cooking oil and lightly coat the grill rack. Grill salmon, covered, over medium heat or broil 4 in. from the heat for 6-9 minutes on each side or until fish flakes easily with a fork. Serve salsa with a slotted spoon with salmon. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Salmon with Fruit Salsa in Weeknight Cooking Made Easy Annual 2005, p249
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.
Reviews for Salmon with Fruit Salsa
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review