Salmon with Fettuccine Alfredo Recipe
- 4 salmon fillets (4 ounces each)
- 1/4 teaspoon coarsely ground pepper, divided
- 4 ounces uncooked fettuccine
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon reduced-fat margarine
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup fat-free milk
- 4 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese, divided
- 1. Place salmon, skin side down, on a broiler rack coated with cooking spray. Sprinkle with 1/8 teaspoon pepper. Broil 4-6 in. from the heat for 10-12 minutes or until fish flakes easily with a fork. Meanwhile, cook fettuccine according to package directions.
- 2. In a small saucepan, cook garlic in margarine for 1 minute or until tender. Stir in the flour, salt and remaining pepper; gradually stir in milk. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Remove from the heat. Stir in 3 tablespoons cheese.
- 3. Drain fettuccine; toss with sauce. Serve with salmon. Sprinkle with remaining cheese. Yield: 4 servings.
1 fillet with 1/2 cup fettuccine equals 372 calories, 16 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 72 mg cholesterol, 294 mg sodium, 25 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 31 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 lean meat, 1-1/2 starch, 1-1/2 fat.
Reviews for Salmon with Fettuccine Alfredo
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.