Salmon with Fettuccine Alfredo Recipe
Pat Patty used salmon, her imagination and her taste buds to come up with a smart twist on an Italian classic. This healthy indulgence makes a pretty dish fit for company, she adds from Spring, Texas.
- 4 salmon fillets (4 ounces each)
- 1/4 teaspoon coarsely ground pepper, divided
- 4 ounces uncooked fettuccine
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon reduced-fat margarine
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup fat-free milk
- 4 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese, divided
- 1. Place salmon, skin side down, on a broiler rack coated with cooking spray. Sprinkle with 1/8 teaspoon pepper. Broil 4-6 in. from the heat for 10-12 minutes or until fish flakes easily with a fork. Meanwhile, cook fettuccine according to package directions.
- 2. In a small saucepan, cook garlic in margarine for 1 minute or until tender. Stir in the flour, salt and remaining pepper; gradually stir in milk. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Remove from the heat. Stir in 3 tablespoons cheese.
- 3. Drain fettuccine; toss with sauce. Serve with salmon. Sprinkle with remaining cheese. Yield: 4 servings.
1 each: 372 calories, 16g fat (4g saturated fat), 72mg cholesterol, 294mg sodium, 25g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 1g fiber), 31g protein.
Reviews for Salmon with Fettuccine Alfredo
© 2017 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC