Salmon with Fettuccine Alfredo Recipe
- 4 salmon fillets (4 ounces each)
- 1/4 teaspoon coarsely ground pepper, divided
- 4 ounces uncooked fettuccine
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon reduced-fat margarine
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup fat-free milk
- 4 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese, divided
- 1. Place salmon, skin side down, on a broiler rack coated with cooking spray. Sprinkle with 1/8 teaspoon pepper. Broil 4-6 in. from the heat for 10-12 minutes or until fish flakes easily with a fork. Meanwhile, cook fettuccine according to package directions.
- 2. In a small saucepan, cook garlic in margarine for 1 minute or until tender. Stir in the flour, salt and remaining pepper; gradually stir in milk. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Remove from the heat. Stir in 3 tablespoons cheese.
- 3. Drain fettuccine; toss with sauce. Serve with salmon. Sprinkle with remaining cheese. Yield: 4 servings.
1 each: 372 calories, 16g fat (4g saturated fat), 72mg cholesterol, 294mg sodium, 25g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 1g fiber), 31g protein
Reviews for Salmon with Fettuccine Alfredo
"Best alfredo ever! No seriously, it's perfectly creamy without being too gloopy or runny. I tend to make it with chicken but with salmon it's also divine!"
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.