Salmon with Cucumber Sauce Recipe
- 1 cup chopped peeled cucumber
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1-1/2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1/4 teaspoon grated onion
- 1/4 teaspoon dill weed
- 1/8 teaspoon coarsely ground pepper
- Dash salt
- 4 salmon fillets (6 ounces each)
- 1. For sauce, in a bowl, combine the first eight ingredients. Refrigerate until serving. Broil salmon 4-6 in. from the heat for 10-15 minutes or until fish flakes easily with a fork. Serve with cucumber sauce. Yield: 4 servings (1-1/2 cups sauce).
1 each: 343 calories, 32g fat (7g saturated fat), 55mg cholesterol, 227mg sodium, 2g carbohydrate (1g sugars, 0 fiber), 10g protein.
Reviews for Salmon with Cucumber Sauce
"I really liked this recipe although my kids thought it tasted like Ranch dressing. Went great with the salmon."
"Sorry, wrong recipe!"
"I omitted the curry powder on the salmon--my family doesn't care for it. I simply used salt and pepper and sauteed the filets in a small amount of olive oil in a nonstick skillet, then sprinkled with a bit of lemon juice. The cucumber sauce is delicious."
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.