A thick and creamy white sauce with chopped cucumber tops broiled salmon fillets in this tasty main dish from Shirley Glaab of Hattiesburg, Mississippi. Special enough for company, it also makes a fast weeknight supper.
- 1 cup chopped peeled cucumber
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1-1/2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1/4 teaspoon grated onion
- 1/4 teaspoon dill weed
- 1/8 teaspoon coarsely ground pepper
- Dash salt
- 4 salmon fillets (6 ounces each)
- For sauce, in a bowl, combine the first eight ingredients. Refrigerate until serving. Broil salmon 4-6 in. from the heat for 10-15 minutes or until fish flakes easily with a fork. Serve with cucumber sauce. Yield: 4 servings (1-1/2 cups sauce).
Originally published as Salmon with Cucumber Sauce in Simple & Delicious May/June 2006, p47
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.
Reviews for Salmon with Cucumber Sauce
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review