Salmon with Cucumber Dill Sauce Recipe
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 teaspoon dill weed
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon peel
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 4 salmon fillets (4 ounces each)
- CUCUMBER SAUCE:
- 2/3 cup finely chopped seeded peeled cucumber
- 1/3 cup reduced-fat sour cream
- 1 tablespoon chopped green onion
- 1-1/2 teaspoons reduced-fat mayonnaise
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon white pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1. In a large resealable plastic bag, combine the first five ingredients; add salmon. Seal bag and turn to coat; refrigerate for 30 minutes, turning occasionally. Meanwhile, in a small bowl, combine the cucumber sauce ingredients. Cover and refrigerate until serving.
- 2. Drain and discard marinade. Using long-handled tongs, moisten a paper towel with cooking oil and lightly coat the grill rack. Place salmon skin side down on grill rack.
- 3. Grill, covered, over medium heat or broil 4 in. from the heat for 12-15 minutes or until fish flakes easily with a fork. Serve with cucumber sauce. Yield: 4 servings.
1 fillet with 2 tablespoons sauce equals 261 calories, 16 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 74 mg cholesterol, 172 mg sodium, 3 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 24 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 meat, 2 fat.
Reviews for Salmon with Cucumber Dill Sauce
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.