- 1 salmon fillet (about 2 pounds)
- 1 to 1-1/2 teaspoons lemon-pepper seasoning
- 1 teaspoon onion salt
- 1 small onion, sliced and separated into rings
- 6 lemon slices
- 1/4 cup butter, cubed
- DILL SAUCE:
- 1/3 cup sour cream
- 1/3 cup mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped onion
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon prepared horseradish
- 3/4 teaspoon dill weed
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic salt
- Pepper to taste
- Line a 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. baking pan with heavy-duty foil; grease lightly. Place salmon skin side down on foil. Sprinkle with lemon-pepper and onion salt. Top with onion and lemon. Dot with butter. Fold foil around salmon; seal tightly,
- Bake at 350° for 20 minutes. Open foil carefully, allowing steam to escape. Broil 4-6 in. from the heat for 8-12 minutes or until the fish flakes easily with a fork.
- Combine the sauce ingredients until smooth. Serve with salmon. Yield: 6 servings.
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.
Reviews for Salmon with Creamy Dill Sauce
"Loved this mild sauce... Very good"
"This was the best ever salmon recipe I think I have made. The dill sauce was mouthwatering!!! Loved it."
"This was so good! To lighten it up I only used a very small amount of butter and substituted fat free Greek yogurt for both the sour cream and mayo in the sauce. It was wonderful- will definitely be making again."
"This dill sauce is so delicious, I could sit and eat it with a spoon. Just love it!"
"The salmon was moist and delicious! The dill sauce was incredible! I will definitely be making this again and again!"