Salmon with Creamy Dill Sauce Recipe
- 1 salmon fillet (about 2 pounds)
- 1 to 1-1/2 teaspoons lemon-pepper seasoning
- 1 teaspoon onion salt
- 1 small onion, sliced and separated into rings
- 6 lemon slices
- 1/4 cup butter, cubed
- DILL SAUCE:
- 1/3 cup sour cream
- 1/3 cup mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped onion
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon prepared horseradish
- 3/4 teaspoon dill weed
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic salt
- Pepper to taste
- Line a 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. baking pan with heavy-duty foil; grease lightly. Place salmon skin side down on foil. Sprinkle with lemon-pepper and onion salt. Top with onion and lemon. Dot with butter. Fold foil around salmon; seal tightly,
- Bake at 350° for 20 minutes. Open foil carefully, allowing steam to escape. Broil 4-6 in. from the heat for 8-12 minutes or until the fish flakes easily with a fork.
- Combine the sauce ingredients until smooth. Serve with salmon. Yield: 6 servings.
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.
Reviews for Salmon with Creamy Dill Sauce(27)
Sort By :
Great recipe, quick and delicious.
So easy and good.
Reviewing the dill sauce only. It was excellent, and the horseradish added a nice touch. Best one I have found yet.
EXCELLENT. My first time ever rating a recipe. Made sauce exactly as written and doubled it the next time because it is so good with fish and also for fresh vegetables.
Very easy and tasty way to make salmon. The dill sauce was fabulous. I didn't have any horseradish so used horseradish sauce. Goes great on baked potato too. No more bottled sauce for my family.
More Recipe Collections
- All Taste of Home Magazine Recipes >
- Baked Fish >
- Dinner Recipes >
- Father's Day Dinners >
- Fish Recipes >
- Quick Dinner Recipes >
- Quick Salmon Dinner Recipes >
- Quick Seafood Recipes >
- Salmon Dinners >
- Salmon Fillet Recipes >