Salmon with Creamy Dill Sauce Recipe
- 1 salmon fillet (about 2 pounds)
- 1 to 1-1/2 teaspoons lemon-pepper seasoning
- 1 teaspoon onion salt
- 1 small onion, sliced and separated into rings
- 6 lemon slices
- 1/4 cup butter, cubed
- DILL SAUCE:
- 1/3 cup sour cream
- 1/3 cup mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped onion
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon prepared horseradish
- 3/4 teaspoon dill weed
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic salt
- Pepper to taste
- Line a 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. baking pan with heavy-duty foil; grease lightly. Place salmon skin side down on foil. Sprinkle with lemon-pepper and onion salt. Top with onion and lemon. Dot with butter. Fold foil around salmon; seal tightly,
- Bake at 350° for 20 minutes. Open foil carefully, allowing steam to escape. Broil 4-6 in. from the heat for 8-12 minutes or until the fish flakes easily with a fork.
- Combine the sauce ingredients until smooth. Serve with salmon. Yield: 6 servings.
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.
Reviews for Salmon with Creamy Dill Sauce(33)
Sort By :
I love this dill sauce! I leave out the horseradish (Hubby isn't so fond) and add about a tablespoon of pickle juice. For the salmon, I cut it in to smaller pieces, and make individual foil packets. I lay the fillets on a bed of fresh rosemary in the foil packet. I also substitute olive oil for the butter. The cook temp and time is exactly the same. It always comes out perfect and Hubby loves it.
I'd rate this a 10 if I could. It's a wonderful meal!
I made this and it was great. My cooking skills are limited as I have waited so long to actually start cooking, but this was simple and easy and turned out very well.
On my favorite recipe list. Easy to prepare and so delicious to eat. If your not a fan of cream sauces the fish is good on its own as well.
This Salmon with Dill Sauce is the best and easiest one I have found. My hubby is a Fish eater and loves this recipe. Thanks for sharing
More Recipe Collections
- All Taste of Home Magazine Recipes >
- Baked Fish >
- Dinner Recipes >
- Father's Day Dinners >
- Fish Recipes >
- Quick Dinner Recipes >
- Quick Salmon Dinner Recipes >
- Quick Seafood Recipes >
- Salmon Dinners >
- Salmon Fillet Recipes >