Salmon with Creamy Dill Sauce Recipe
- 1 salmon fillet (about 2 pounds)
- 1 to 1-1/2 teaspoons lemon-pepper seasoning
- 1 teaspoon onion salt
- 1 small onion, sliced and separated into rings
- 6 lemon slices
- 1/4 cup butter, cubed
- DILL SAUCE:
- 1/3 cup sour cream
- 1/3 cup mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped onion
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon prepared horseradish
- 3/4 teaspoon dill weed
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic salt
- Pepper to taste
- Line a 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. baking pan with heavy-duty foil; grease lightly. Place salmon skin side down on foil. Sprinkle with lemon-pepper and onion salt. Top with onion and lemon. Dot with butter. Fold foil around salmon; seal tightly,
- Bake at 350° for 20 minutes. Open foil carefully, allowing steam to escape. Broil 4-6 in. from the heat for 8-12 minutes or until the fish flakes easily with a fork.
- Combine the sauce ingredients until smooth. Serve with salmon. Yield: 6 servings.
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.
Reviews for Salmon with Creamy Dill Sauce
Sort By :
"Everyone loved this. A definite keeper!"
"I use 4 tablespoons of fresh dill that I chop up. I use a whole cup of the mayo."
"This Creamy Dill Sauce is SO incredible! I had been looking for a recipe that's close to Luby's tartar sauce. If this isn't the exact recipe, it's VERY close."
"This is the best salmon dish I've ever made and my husband even ate the leftovers. He loved it and is now requesting fish for dinner when he's normally a steak and potatoes kind of guy. The dill sauce made the dish. I went a little heavy on the dill, but it was fantastic. We will be making this a staple."
"The salmon turned out moist and and tender and I loved the dill sauce! I will make this many times again in the future."